iPad Figure Drawing Class
In the iPad Figure Drawing Class I taught at the mobile Digital Art & Creativity (mDAC) Summit in the Palo Alto Art Center on Sunday, August 14th, 2016, we drew from the model and explored movement, shape, line and tone, starting with short and moving poses and ending with longer poses. We used the app Procreate.
Drawing Roxy using the Touchjet POND and the ArtRage app on canvas. This was part of a demo on the opening night of the mDAC 2016 Summit.
On the technical side, by the end of this class participants knew how to:
1. Navigate around the Procreate interface and move between the gallery and drawing views;
2. Import an interesting backgrounds to draw over;
3. Choose, adjust and customize brushes and brush looks;
4. Pick and fine tune color using the color wheel and value/saturation circle;
5. Work on multiple layers; and
6. Playback, save and share your entire creative process as a replay video.
Thank you to everyone who participated in this class; to Sumit and Caroline for inviting me to teach at their great Summit; to Savage Interactive, the creators and publishers of Procreate, for their generous sponsorship of my class; to ArtRage for the use of their app with my Touchjet POND demo; to the Palo Alto Art Center who went out of their way to help accommodate all my needs for running this class, and to Amber for being an inspirational model!