Experience Augmented Reality (AR)
in my Art Using the HP Reveal App
- Find an image with the AR Enabled sign you see above. I am using this sign to identify which of my images I have AR enabled. You’ll find samples of my AR enabled artworks at the bottom of this page for you to try out.
- On your smart device, which could be a smart phone or iPad, please turn up the sound to medium volume setting (most of my AR videos have sound which adds to the richness of the experience).
- Download the HP Reveal app onto your mobile device. It is available on the iOS iTunes App Store and on the Google Android Play Store.
- Create an account in HP Reveal. It’s free and easy: you’ll be asked for your email and to create a username and password. You’ll then need to verify your email. Choose OK when asked to allow the app to access your camera. Otherwise you can activate this within the app settings.
- In the HP Reveal search field where you see the words “Discover Auras” type in “JeremySutton” (my HP Reveal user name). Then tap on “JeremySutton’s Public Auras” which will appear in the list.
- Click on Follow (this allows you to view my “auras”, which is what the app calls the AR video overlays). Follow will then change to Following.
- Click on “< Back" and then "Cancel" to get back to the main page (where you see the Discover Auras search field at the top).
- Then click on the detect symbol at the center bottom of the screen (looks like four square corners in a solid blue circle).
- You’ll now see your camera view with six bouncing balls bouncing in and out of a central stationary ball. Point your device’s camera at my artwork, which can be either a physical print or a screen image. You’ll now see the AR video overlay! Here’s an AR enabled image, my portrait of Satjiv Chahil, you can use to test the AR functionality:
- To replay the video overlay just turn your device camera away from the artwork (which automatically discontinues the AR video overlay) and then direct your device camera back at the artwork and the AR video will start playing again from the beginning.
To save you time searching on my site, here are some other of my AR enabled artworks: